PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON AMPICLOX!!! Ampiclox is one of the most commonly abused antibiotic. Ciprofloxacin is another. The ongoing trend is that sadly, antibiotics are globally abused. Some people use them when they should not, and even when they should, they don’t complete the dosage. They use 3 or 4 tablets and dump the rest. Many of us have unfinished packs of Ampiclox and ciprofloxacin just lying there at the corners of our homes.
See also: WHY OUR ANTIBIOTICS DON’T WORK ANYMORE
Ampiclox should be taken every 6 hours for 5 days, but many rarely do that. In fact many people use antibiotics for a myriad of health issues that do not require antibiotic usage.
Now, let’s do a quick self-examination and see how much we are contributing to this global menace.
- Do I use Ampiclox* to clean my “system” after menstruation (as if the body is a V6 engine that needs oil change)?
- Do I use Ampiclox to clean the “system” after having unprotected sex?
- Do I use Ampiclox as an emergency contraceptive, probably to destroy deposited sperm after unprotected sex? What happened to postinor and family?
- Do I use Ampiclox for the almighty “Nigeria toilet infection” (which is almost always vulvovaginal candidiasis, a fungal infection)?
- Do I use Ampiclox for the slightest cold, cough and catarrh (which is caused by a virus; unless it becomes cross infected with bacteria, in which case, your actifeds and procolds and cough syrups will do the trick)?
You may like: Can I use an antibiotic for my cold?
6. Do I use Ampiclox in the right way, at the right time, and in the right quantity?
It is very important that we have mercy on our antibiotics and ourselves. We are beginning to see more cases of bacterial infections that cannot be handled by the antibiotics we have available. This is because bacteria are living organisms; they are smart and they adapt. As such, they are developing resistance to these antibiotics.
Have you ever wondered what would happen if we get sick and there are no drugs to treat? It starts with YOU. Spread the message!!!
*It applies to other antibiotics too, as much as it does Ampiclox.